Happy New Year from team knitterain!
It’s been another busy year here at team knitterain. The headline news for 2016 here at team knitterain is that we have a beautiful website! Thanks to Brian’s superhuman efforts, knitterain.com is up and running. The amount of time, research, testing, problem solving, and general tenacity Brian put into this project is truly remarkable.
Like any proud parents, let us brag a bit 🙂
knitterain.com Website Features
Secure pattern purchasing
- knitterain.com is more than just eye candy – you can purchase patterns (including some that we otherwise don’t have the rights to sell), and re-download them at any time by logging in to your account.
- You can purchase multiple gift cards in a single transaction, and send them to different people, including yourself. It’s never to early to think about next holiday season!
- This is an exciting feature for LYS owners, indie dyers, knitting groups, or teachers, allowing you to purchase (at wholesale price) a batch of unique coupon codes. With a minimum of only 10 codes, this is a great way to create kits, use a knitterain.com pattern as part of a class, or use in a promotional campaign. Spread the word!
- You can read testimonials, and submit one yourself if you’d like.
- You can read product reviews. You’re able to review products on knitterain.com regardless of where you’ve purchased them.
- Our site is also mobile friendly, and has a lot of additional cool features including FAQs, Errata, Blog, product tag cloud, and a product inquiry system.
Explore knitterain.com, and give us your thoughts!
In addition to our new website, we have been busy updating our pattern layout template, and changing the way we do pattern photography. We’ve decided to get out of the studio, and take photos in the great outdoors with items on real people. We’ve had a lot of fun learning how to work as a photographer / model team, and hope to recruit others to model for us in the future.
You can check out both of these changes in our newly revised Haruni. Our new layout is much more compact, bringing the pattern from 14 pages down to just 5! In addition it features new charts, with a simplified repeat structure.
All future self published patterns will feature a similar layout, charts, and photos. Download it (from knitterain.com of course!), and let us know what you think.
Speaking of future patterns, Caridad is oh so close to publication! We are wrapping up photography, finalizing feedback from test knitters, and will be done very soon. This has been a major undertaking, but we love the final result, and think you will too.
We will be hosting a KAL for Caridad, complete with lots of prizes. Look for an email announcement soon.
Emily (knitting guru), Brian (tech monkey), and Maisie (munchkin)