This bold crescent shaped shawl was inspired by Floria Tosca, the title character from Puccini’s dramatic opera. It begins with a stockinette body, which is shaped with increases every other row, creating a wide, crescent shape. The lace border is made using multiple yarn overs. There are tips for increasing the size of the stockinette body. Pattern contains both charts and full line by line directions.
- Yarn: Cascade Yarns, Heritage Sock Yarn, 437 yards (100g), 2 skeins
- Needles: U.S. Size 5 (3.75mm), circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: Stitch markers, tapestry needle, blocking pins
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 32 rows = 4” (10cm) in stockinette, after blocking
- Finished Size: 20” (51cm), deep, 66” (168cm) wide, after blocking
- Overall size is adjustable