This pattern is part of the Haruni Variations Collection ebook, which contains 5 patterns.
This rectangular shawl features the familiar lace patterns from Haruni combined with unusual construction. It begins in the round, with a beaded leaf cluster at the center back. Each side is then worked to the desired length, before it ends with a leafy border. The length is easy to adjust as desired, and there are also instructions for altering the width. Optional beads are added as you knit.
This pattern has been test knit, and includes large, easy to read charts as well as full line by line written directions, and stitch count totals for every row. The final chart is quite large, and is presented in 2 formats – a single page chart for those who prefer knit from screens, and a 2 page format to cut and tape together for those who prefer to work from a printed pattern.
The green shawl shown was knit using 840 yards of sock yarn and a U.S. Size 4 needle, following the directions for a narrower shawl. It measures 12” x 74”.
- Yarn: Black Sheep Dyeworks Lace Weight Silk/Merino Wool Yarn, 1,100 yards (100g), 1 skein
- Needles: U.S. Size 3 (3.25mm), set of 5 double point needles and 1 circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: Stitch markers, waste yarn, tapestry needle, blocking pins, 300 6/0 seed beads (optional)
- Gauge: 26 stitches and 40 rows = 4” (10cm) in stockinette, after blocking
- Finished Size: 15” (38cm) wide, 72” (183cm) long after blocking
- Length is adjustable