Irima is a large, rectangular shawl featuring graceful meandering vines accented by columns of double yarn overs. The wrap around border is knit as you go, to minimize finishing. Pattern is charted, there are no line by line directions.
- Yarn: Juniper Moon Farm, Findley, 798 yards (100g), 1 ball
- Needles: U.S. Size 3 (3.25mm), circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: tapestry needle, waste yarn, blocking pins or wires
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 34 rows = 4” (10cm) in stockinette, after blocking
- Finished Size: 18″ (46 cm) wide, 68″ (172 cm) long, after blocking
- Length is adjustable