Laurelin, or the shawl formerly known as “knitterain MKAL #1”, is a large, top down shawl. It can be blocked straight across the top for a triangular shawl, or the top edge can be curved to form a heart shaped crescent. The first chart can be repeated additional times for an even larger shawl.
Pattern has been test knit, and includes large, easy to read charts, line by line directions and stitch count totals for every row. Lace patterning on right side rows only.
- Yarn: Baah! Yarns, La Jolla, 400 yards (100g), 2 skeins
- Needles: U.S. Size 4 (3.5mm), circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: Stitch markers, tapestry needle, blocking pins
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 32 rows = 4” (10cm) in stockinette, after blocking
- Finished Size: 25” (64cm), deep, 59” (150cm) wide, after blocking
- Overall size is adjustable