Siuslaw is a top down triangular shawl with plenty of options for customization. Directions are included for an all over lace shawl, or for a lace edged shawl with a stockinette body. The stockinette version has a single lace motif worked at the beginning and end of each row, which creates an attractive lace panel across the top edge.
The pattern repeat is only 6 rows, and may be repeated as many times as you like, allowing you to easily adjust the final size, as well as the stockinette to lace ratio. Pattern includes both charts and line by line written directions, as well as schematics illustrating top down triangular shawl construction and garter tab cast on.
- Yarn: Knit Picks, Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn, 460 yards (100 g), 1 skein
- Needles: U.S. Size 5 (3.75 mm), circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: stitch markers, tapestry needle, blocking pins and / or wires
- Gauge: 20 stitches and 30 rows = 4” (20 cm), in stockinette, after blocking
- Finished Size: 24” (58 cm), deep, 50” (122 cm), wide, after blocking
- Overall size is adjustable