This garter stitch shawl features bold chevron stripes, and is knit entirely on the bias. The unusual V shape makes it interesting to knit and easy to wear. The name is a combination of the words “zigzag” and “diamond.” Pattern is charted, there are no line by line directions.
- Yarn: Juniper Moon Farm, Findley, 798 yards (100g), 2 ball
- Needles: U.S. Size 5 (3.75mm), circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Materials: tapestry needle, blocking pins or wires
- Gauge: 20 stitches and 40 rows = 4” (10cm) in garter stitch, after blocking
- Finished Size: 15” (38 cm) wide, 70″ (178 cm) outer arm length, 48″ (122 cm) inner arm length, after blocking